Systems Test Engineer
Gooee is looking to set a standard in control and applications for the connected world, and has ambitious plans to grow rapidly in 2019. We have a highly experienced team from various software and hardware sectors and are engaged with some of the largest lighting and product businesses in the world.
The Systems Test Engineer will work cross scope with engineering teams all over the world, touching Embedded Systems, Sensor Technology, Wireless Communications, Frontend and Backend Systems. He or she will be responsible for the design and development activities associated with validating the full Gooee Ecosystem, helping to ensure seamless rollouts of improvements and new features to live site IoT devices around the world.
This position will be based at the Gooee Test Lab in St. Petersburg, FL, reporting to our Lead Test Automation Engineer but working alongside various development teams on a daily basis. Continuous integration and continuous deployment make for a fast-paced environment, so the ability to ramp up quickly with a passion for details and quality will lead to the greatest success.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop test tools and automation for regression testing, new feature verification, system quantification, operating limits, and extreme conditions testing at a large scale.
- Team collaboration on test coverage, system use cases, what-ifs, brainstorming unique ways to verify and handle all possible outlier conditions.
- Work alongside remote developers to help reproduce and resolve tricky issues in a fast-paced continuous deployment iterative cycle.
- Ability to analyze lots of data points to find trends that can be used to drive developer focus to areas within the system that deserve closer inspection.
- Debug failures & inconsistencies to trace root causes in a wireless mesh + full stack data route.
- Creation of detailed bug reports, and verification of bug fixes.
- Maintenance and upkeep of test hardware, both COTS as well as in-house developed tooling.
- Wiring and programming of new test hardware, integration into test framework as needed.
- Assist with system and feature demos for partners and customers.
DESIRED SKILL SET
- Degree in Engineering (Mechanical, Electrical, Computer) or equivalent in proven ability and experience.
- 2+ years of experience in automated testing of systems software for network-based products and environments.
- Strong experience in Linux OS environments and a high comfort level with the Terminal.
- Strong experience in scripting languages/tools, preferably Python.
- Good communication skills (oral & written) and the ability to work with teams in multiple locations is required.
- Ability to identify relevant areas to be tested, outliers to handle, and corner cases to ensure complete coverage.
- Ability to identify and integrate relevant 3rd party tools/applications required to carry out automated tests. Nothing should be manual.
- Experience with wired data protocols (Ethernet, RS-232) desired.
- Experience with wireless data protocols (Bluetooth, Zigbee) desired.
- Experience with databases desired, preferably InfluxDB.
- Exposure to Resin (and Docker) useful.
- Exposure to Jenkins useful.
- Exposure to AWS (or GCP, Azure) useful.
- Familiarity with Raspberry Pi desired.
BENEFITS & PERKS
- Exciting startup, strong cross-team collaboration
- Health, Dental, & Vision benefits
- 15 days PTO + separate sick day quota
- 401k plan
- Stock options